14 May, 2006

Fearful Symmetry

And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do this thing also that you have spoken, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name." And he said, "Show me your glory." And he said, "I will make all my goodness pass before your face, and I will proclaim the LORD by name before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious and I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy."

Exodus 33:17-19

God has been forcing me into some very uncomfortable situations over the past couple weeks. And I've been having a hard time believing that He's right here in this with me. So I find myself doing the same thing that Mo did in this passage. Saying to God, "Alright You say I'm special, now prove it to me. I've got some privileged position, now show me that You're right here with me." And He does, He shows me His goodness. He does it by closing one adventure the same way He started it. But that wasn't enough for me. So I asked for another sign. And in the most erie way He came through by starting this new journey the same way He started the last one. (and believe me, it's erie) I can't help but think of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea and then finishing off their trip by crossing the Jordan. There's no doubt in my mind that God loves symmetry. The prophets are full of it. I think it works well with humans. There's no way to escape it. I love how God appeals to our weaknesses like that. It makes me laugh. Now if only this dang Michigan sun would come out.

2 comments:

elea said...

more and more people....

elea said...

hey, the dang sun came out....