07 May, 2006

Ahh-mused

I learned something the other day. As a Christian, I never get to relax my mind. On Friday I found myself sitting in front of my computer, playing spider solitaire, thinking about absolutely nothing. It was really a beautiful thing at the time. No impending deadlines, no required activities, no more packing, nothing. Ah but the old adage is apparently true because the devil started having a field day with my blank slate. He told me God was a liar. He showed me all the ways God went back on His promises in the recent past. And what's worse is I didn't even notice it until I was completely overcome with fear. Then that little Light surprised. HE told me to gird up the loins of my mind. HE told me to think on things that are honest. And they weren't just blank commands. They were comforting words, backed with promises, promises that He has always kept as long as I believe them (and even when I didn't). So God and I had a nice little talk. I straightened some things out with Him. Told Him what I was dreading. And you know what He told me? "Justin, you've been called out of that bondage of fear. Cry out to ME. I'm listening." And, when HE speaks, I listen--and obey.

And thus began my ascent from the underworld. Sorry it took so long, friends. But it was necessary.

2 comments:

crt said...

prov 4:24 above all else gaurd your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. it's the first verse i taught to my girls. hopefully, they'll remember it when satan's lies infiltrate their little minds.

elea said...

ah yes the underworld.

i'm glad you and the LORD had a chat. i love those times. i'm glad that you are resting in HIS promises. i'm glad you believe. i'm glad you are embracing them like a 5 year old.

believe a little for me today will you?

(doing my best not to be eliphaz...)