14 March, 2006

Comic Relief

God has been whispering to me lately, and I could kinda hear it, but
it's been thin. That, of course, has all been my fault. I just
haven't sat down for more than two seconds to "be still" and
listen to it. Then yesterday He did. It was something so small;
something so unimportant. It really had nothing to do with the "big
picture" of my life. I'm once again drawn back to the "X-Files."
In that series there were episodes that really contributed to the major
running plot as a whole. Those were the exciting, intense ones. Then
there were those that didn't really have much to do with anything.
It's almost as if they were inserted just for the sake of comic
relief. Such is the case in my little episode yesterday. God wanted me
to laugh yesterday, and He did that by bringing me into a place of Holy
Mystery. On the outside I was jumping up and down, but on the inside I
was saying, "Whoa, yeah He's certainly right there along side of
me!" God's seemingly little doing there was meant to settle me down
and hear His ever present, gentle, voice. I don't think God's voice
is ever thin. Sometimes we make it that way by not being still; that's
all our doing, not God's. His whispering is just that, a whisper, not
a yell. It's gentle, but there's no mistake that it's there. It
makes its presence known. We just need to eliminate all distractions for
a moment and listen to it.

2 comments:

elea said...

amen.

elea said...

i whispered that in reverence just so you know...